For any actor, the idea of moving to New York City can be fairly daunting. The Open Jar Institute RESIDENCY is geared for the serious musical theatre actor who is moving to New York and wants to get their career started in the right way.
The unique curriculum being created by Tony-winners Joanna Gleason (Into the Woods), Susan Stroman (The Producers), Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty (Ragtime), and Jeff Whiting is structured to ensure clear navigation as you begin your acting career in New York City. Getting started in this business is the hardest part and the Open Jar Residency will help you set yourself up for greater success.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Strategize daily with mentor to shape your first steps in your first audition season.
- Identify the right auditions for you to attend
- Choose and coach materials for upcoming auditions
- Evaluate performance in auditions/call backs
- Strategize communication with agents/casting directors
- Attend Master classes with Broadway professionals
- Daily training in dance, acting, voice technique
- Live in midtown furnished apartment while we help you find your own apartment
- Perform material for agent/casting director showcase
- Ensure your headshot and resumé are competitive
- Participate in developmental workshop of a new show
- All the most up to date info about trends
- Network with other Broadway professionals
*Admission by audition only. Ideal for student just finishing school.
Includes all training, private voice, group voice, Broadway mentor, classes, workshops, master classes, agent and casting director showcase, tickets to 16 Broadway and Off-Broadway shows.